300g peeled prawns
3 heaped Tbsp corn flour
4-5 Tbsp water to make the batter (you may need more)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1 tsp of garlic powder or crushed garlic
Enough Rice bran oil or other suitable oil for frying
1 small capsicum, diced
1 chilli, diced finely (more if you want)
1 green/spring onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves of garlic, diced
2 Tbsp Chinese rice wine
- Add flour, salt, pepper, powdered/crushed garlic, & then a little water at a time to make a thin batter
- Add prawns & mix then let sit until oil is ready
- Heat oil in wok/pan to a medium temp. Test the oil by adding a few "drips" of the batter into it.
- Cook 4-6 prawns at a time then remove & drain on paper towel or on rack until all cooked
- Remove oil from wok/pan CAREFULLY... I pour it into a saucepan to cool down before bottling if for use later..
- Heat wok/pan & stir-fry the the capsicum, chilli, onion, diced garlic for 60 seconds
- Add the prawns back in then add the rice wine
- Stir-fry for another 30 seconds then serve...
This is a quick & tasty dish that has become a favourite spare of the moment meal..