It was decided that veggie & bacon burgers would be on the menu tonight so Bianca set to the task of looking for Thermomix (TM) bread/roll recipes.. She decided on the Basic Bread recipe (page 112) from the "Everyday cooking" book that came with the TM.. Some improvisations had to be made as we were out of white flour & only had wheat "berries"/grain & atta flour on hand..
340g of wheat grain
160g atta flour
2¼tsp or 1 sachet of dry yeast
20ml olive oil
- Milled the wheat grain in 2 batches in the TM for 1 min on speed 9.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix for 5 seconds on speed 7 just to combine the ingredients.
- Set the TM to "lid closed" & knead for 1 min on Interval speed.
- Place the dough into lightly greased bowl & leave in a warm position to prove for ½ an hour or until it doubles in size.
- When ready roll dough into appropriately sized rolls.. (B made 5 large Burger style buns)
- Leave rolls to prove in an unheated oven for 10-15 min to let them rise again slightly.
- Bake for 25min at 180°C
- Test buns by giving then a tap. They will be ready when they sound slightly hollow..
While the buns were cooling B got the rest of the burger ingredients ready..
- Grilled eggplant (from the garden) sprinkled with crushed garlic
- Fresh sweet basil & lettuce (from the garden)
- Sliced tomato
- Grated carrot
- Fried onion, egg's, mushrooms & bacon
- Sliced Colby cheese..
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do if you try them...