Recipe & Food ideas from our kitchen...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Icing Sugar...

I have pinched this from My Simple Savings Blog.....
Bit slack I know...... : )»
 We now make all our own Icing & castor sugar for baking.... Just was silly having the extra containers taking up space in our pantry....
It is really easy to make as all I do is just "wizzz" up 3/4 of a cup of white sugar at a time until it reaches the right consistency... A little Bullet blender or Mini Food processor are great for this job.... I do find there is always a few grains remain but they are easy enough to Sieve out if desired...




 According to http://grocery.bestpricedirectory.com.au ,
Home brand White Sugar works out at .88c per KG when bought in 3kg bag...
Icing sugar (not mixture) works out at $2-3 per KG.... Not a huge saving but still a saving....

Must clean out the pantry so may make that the next Excitement packed Blog...

Have a great one all...
: )»

No comments:

Post a Comment