Have been craving a warm salad dish my Mum has made a few times... It was made with Toasted Coconut, BBQ Chicken, Pineapple but can't for the life of me think of the other ingredients so whipped this up to help satisfy the cravings until I can quiz her...
Thai style Pineapple Coconut & Chicken Curry...
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 medium Red Onion, sliced thinly
250ml Coconut cream (I used 250ml of water & 8 dessert spoons of Coconut milk powder)
2tsp Red Thai curry paste
1 heaped tsp of minced Garlic
3 heaped tsp of minced Galangal
2 heaped tsp of minced Lemongrass stalk
1 Kaffir Lime leaf, sliced
1tsp Lime juice
1tsp Fish sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl & leave for ½ an hour
Stir fry Paste...
2Tbsp of oil
1tsp Red Thai curry paste
1tsp of minced Garlic
3tsp of minced Galangal
2heaped tsp of minced Lemongrass stalk
- Mix & set aside
3/4 cup of segmented Pineapple (I used "Fresh" Frozen pieces)
Large handful of Beans, Chopped into thirds
1 ½ Celery stalks, cut into thin strips (julienned)
½ Red Capsicum, chopped
Handful of Thai or Sweet Basil, roughly chopped
Small handful of Snow Peas, chopped into thirds
- Heat oil in Wok
- Add Stir fry paste, Stir fry for 60 seconds
- Add Chicken & Onion without marinade, Stir fry until chicken is browned (4-5 min)
- Add Pineapple, Beans, Capsicum, Celery Stir fry for 60 seconds
- Add 1/2 to3/4 of the marinade to form a sauce & let cook for 3-4 minutes. (I use a lid to help steam the veggies a bit)
- Add Peas & Basil, toss through quickly then serve with rice or noodles...
Some toasted shredded Coconut to garnish would of just set the whole dish of... Next time maybe...
Hope you enjoy it is you try it....
Have a great one...