This week is lemons with Mondays recipe being Lemon Herb Chicken... Rather fond of pairing lemon & chicken so I thought I would give it a whirl after a few adjustments of course (just can't help myself)...
Lemon & Herb Chicken...
2 sprigs of rosemary
3 sprigs of thyme
6 or so sage leaves
2 cloves of garlic, chipped finely
1 Tbsp honey
Rind & juice of a lemon
2Tbsp of Dijon or favourite mustard
1Tbsp whole seed mustard
1 kg (6) boneless chicken thighs
¼ cup of sliced Kalamata olives
- Strip the leaves of the herbs from their stem..
- Add the leaves, garlic & a little oil into a mortar then bruise with pestle.. If you don't have a mortar & pestle you could use the back of a large spoon to crush the mix on the inside edge of a bowl as we did before purchasing a set..
- Add the remaining oil, honey, mustards, lemon rind/juice then mix well & season with pepper to taste..
- Trim excess fat from thighs then marinate in tray they are to be cooked in making sure to cover them thoroughly in the herb & lemony goodness..
- Cover & marinate for 4 + hours..
- Pre heat oven to 180°c
- Give the thighs a quick turn in the dish then place in the oven for 40-50 minutes coming back every 15 min to turn & baste the chicken..
- Add the olives on the second turn allowing then just to warm through without drying out & shrivelling up...
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced finely
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into thirds
- ½ medium capsicum, diced
- Large handful of beans, cut into thirds
- 1 medium white eggplant, diced
The rest of the veggies were added & fried until ready...
Hope you enjoy it if you try it & remember to check out Cooking with Karma's channel..
Have a great one...