We had a bit of a garden clean out yesterday & ended up with heaps of small Eggplant fruit so decided to use up as many as I can in one go...
- 2-3Tbsp of Rice bran oil (or oil of choice)
-300g or 1 Medium Japanese/Lebanese Eggplant, chopped into 3cm long chunky pieces
- ½ a small head off Broccoli, chopped into small trees
- Handful of green beans sliced in ½
- 3 shallots, sliced with greens tips reserved for garnish
- 2 orange chillies, seeds removed then chopped finely for garnish
- dessert spoon of chopped/crushed garlic
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated/chopped (or about 1 heaped tsp of jar ginger)
- 1Tbsp of Ketjap manis (adds sweetness)
- 1Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1½ Tbsp White Chinese cooking wine
- 1tsp of Sesame oil
Mix Sesame oil, sauces & wine together in small bowl/cup
Make certain that all ingredients are prepared beforehand as wok cooking happens fairly Quickly...
-Heat Wok until hot then add oil
-Add Eggplant once oil is hot & stir fry for 2 minutes
-Add garlic, chilli & ginger, cook for 1 minute stirring the whole time
-Add in vegetables & toss
-After cooking for a minute add in sauce mix & continue to toss the veg cooking for a few more minutes then serve...
Sorry about the steamy finished shot..
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did if you try it...
Have a great one...